Purigen Biosystems, Inc., a Venture-backed, life science tools start-up company in the San Francisco bay area, is seeking an experienced Senior/Staff Scientist to join our product development team as an individual contributor. The Senior/Staff Scientist will drive development of consumable sample preparation reagents and associated workflows for Purigen’s sample preparation technology. This is a challenging position for the highly qualified genomics specialist who wants to develop cutting-edge life science technologies in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
• Develop and execute bioanalytical characterization methods to validate yield, integrity, purity and performance in downstream applications of nucleic acids extracted from Purigen’s platform.
• Conduct characterization testing and develop system wide user workflows for optimum performance.
• Independently design, plan, execute and analyze experiments to achieve project milestones.
• Serve as a technical genomics expert, with emphasis on NGS library prep and sequence analysis for human disease applications, such as cancer.
• Work closely with R&D chemists, engineers, and marketing to interpret characterization data to guide product development.
• Follow good laboratory practices, including maintenance of accurate laboratory notebooks.
• PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or closely related fields with 5 years of prior product development experience in the life science tools industry
• Prior industry experience developing reagents and their associated application(s) for a commercial product
• Prior industry experience with 1 or more full product life cycle(s) in a life sciences tools development role
• Hands-on experience with sample preparation and analytical analyses of nucleic acids extracted from human samples, including FFPE
• Working knowledge of the principles underlying commercial DNA and RNA sample preparation kits (i.e. off-the-shelf solid-phase extraction kits (beads and/or columns) and liquid-phase extraction reagents)
• Strong hands on technical skills in molecular biology and genomics — including amplification, next-generation sequencing (NGS) library prep and target enrichment, and Illumina sequencing
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Expertise in NGS bioinformatic analysis
• Prior experience with the development of genomics applications on microfluidics-based instrumentation for the life sciences industry
Pleasanton, California, United States
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.